Yoga is a practice for the mind, body and soul.
Originating from Southern Asia thousands of years ago, Yoga is today viewed by many as the perfect antidote for the modern western lifestyle, and is popular with people of all ages and at all levels of fitness. In fact, the NHS recommends yoga as a strengthening exercise.
All yoga derives from Hatha yoga, which is a blend of postures, movement, breathing practices and focused relaxation / meditation. At Anahata we specialise in Yoga which potentially could help or support you in a variety of ways:
Benefits to our physical self:
- Strengthens and tones all muscles.
- Improves flexibility.
- Strengthens and lubricates the joints.
- Increases bone density.
- Strengthens the heart.
- Improves breathing and increases lung capacity.
- Balances hormones and improves functions of the endocrine system.
- Balances the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.
- Aids better quality and more restful sleep.
- Improves digestion.
Benefits for our mind / mood / emotional self:
- Reduces stress.
- Improves cognitive function, boosts memory and sharpens concentration.
- Increases dopamine to lift the mood.
- Hatha yoga and meditation practice gives a clearer perspective to be able to better cope with life’s challenges.
- Psychosomatic – through releasing tension in the body, stress and tension in the mind can release.
At Anahata we are fortunate to work with some amazingly talented and experienced Yoga Teachers many of who have specialisms in working with people who are compromised by their physical or mental health. On our timetable you will find the following Yoga styles…
STYLES OF YOGA WE OFFER
Yoga and Meditation:
A traditional approach to Yoga. Easy to follow postures, breathwork, relaxation and mantra/meditation. Accessible to anyone able to get up and down from the floor easily.
An inward focusing practice with deep long held postures all based on the floor, ending with a long relaxation.
The perfect end of the day practice. No experience required.
A class of 20 min simple movement, 10 mins breath work and 30 mins of a led Yoga Nidra. Deep relaxation, wonderful for people under stress or in need an unwind before the weekend ahead. Accessible to anyone, can be participated by someone who has very limited movement in body.
Sunrise, Vinyasa and Dynamic Flow:
An uplifting and energising practice. Connecting movement and the breath together. Expect to feel challenged, strengthened, stretched but overall balanced. Beginners are welcome as long as you can get up and down from the floor unaided.
Yoga for Wellbeing / Yoga for Stressful Times:
Using elements of Yoga Therapy, Mindfulness and Mantra these classes are perfect for people who need some TLC. Accessible to anyone.
Should you be pregnant or wishing to practice Yoga with a specific condition please contact us and we will be happy to direct you to the most appropriate class.