Learn About Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness from the Scientific Community
There are lots of websites out there claiming to be experts in yoga, Pilates, mindfulness and wellbeing! Here, we’ve listed a few of the websites and resources you can trust.
- Healthfix: a free online community built by leading experts in health and wellbeing to help us all get through the stress and isolation of the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis. Daniel and Dawn are speaking on Healthfix!
Research & Studies
- Benefits of Mindfulness for Parenting in Mothers of Preschoolers in Chile (2018)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Anxiety and Depression (2017)
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Mindfulness Meditation for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Effects on Anxiety and Stress Reactivity (2014)
- Mindfulness‐Based Interventions in Context: Past, Present, and Future (2006)
BBC News & Resources
- World Mental Health Day: What is Mindfulness?
- Could mindfulness really work for me?
- Depression: ‘Mindfulness-based therapy shows promise’
- How mindfulness could help you balance your mental health
Articles & TED Talks
- Caring for a loved one is hard – 6 ways you can avoid burnout
- Neuroscience Reveals: Gratitude Literally Rewires Your Brain to be Happier
- What are the benefits of mindfulness
- Better Eating through Mindfulness
- Mindfulness meditation helps fight insomnia, improves sleep
- How Mindfulness Can Make Your Workouts More Effective
- Master of mindfulness, Jon Kabat-Zinn: ‘People are losing their minds. That is what we need to wake up to’
Mindfulness for Young People
Resources for Therapies & Practice
- Why More Western Doctors Are Now Prescribing Yoga Therapy
- Yoga May Help Reduce Symptoms Of Depression And Anxiety
- The Physics and Biophysics of Sound ‘Healing’
- The Splendid Spiritual Practice of Silence
- 10 Quotes about Mindfulness from Jon Kabat-Zinn
- MBSR, The Attitude of Letting Go by Jon Kabat-Zinn (video)
Continue Your Learning at Home or with Southend-Based Businesses
If you are feeling as though you need professional help with your mental or physical health, please see your local GP. They will be able to refer you to the most appropriate help.