Upcoming Events & Workshops
Due to the ongoing Covid situation our classes, workshops and events are a mix of live in studio, recorded or live online, to best accommodate your needs. Please see below our timetable to book a class. Note classes can also be booked via the MINDBODY Online App.
All online classes are hosted via ZOOM. A link will be emailed to you 15 minutes before the start of class. Please note all classes are recorded, if you would like a recording book into the class and we will send you the recorded link at the end of the class. Which is available for 3 days after the class. Anyone who does not attend the class will be automatically sent the recording.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
An Introduction to Mindfulness with Dawn
- What: an introduction to mindfulness, its benefits and meditation practices, led by Dawn Lister.
- When: Saturday 5th December, 1pm-3:30pm.
- Best for: complete beginners, or those wishing to deepen their understanding and experience of meditation.
- Cost: £30 per person, or £25 for those in financial difficulty at this time. Offered in-studio or as a recording.
Half Day Silent Retreat with Dawn
- What: learn to be peaceful and compassionate in troubling times, with periods of silence before and after meditation practises, led by Dawn Lister.
- When: 12th December 2020, 23rd January 2021, 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- Best for: those with some experience of mindfulness, wishing to deepen their practise and explore deeply their relationship between thought and feelings.
- Cost: £30 or £25 if booked by 14th December 2020. Offered in-studio or as a recording.
Rest & Renew Yoga with Daniel (online via Zoom)
- What: restful, healing postures adapted from classical yoga posture, ending the session with Yoga Nidra, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: Sundays, 13th December, 3:00pm-4:45pm, online via Zoom.
- Best for: those with chronic illness such as Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia, those with insomnia, stress, anxiety or those recovering from illness.
- Cost: £20 per person, or £10 for those in financial difficulty at this time.
LGBT+ Yoga Group with Daniel (online via Zoom)
- What: yoga class with emphasis on gentle breathing, followed by reflection and relaxed discussion, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: Sundays, 13th December, 11am-12:30pm, online via Zoom.
- Best for: members of the LGBT+ community who would like to learn the basics of yoga and meditation in a safe environment.
- Cost: free entry. Donations to Southend Pride and Transpire welcome.
Monthly Gong Bath with Rachael Edgley
- What: an evening to relax, unwind and enjoy the deep and reverberating sounds of crystal singing bowls, planetary sound healing pipes and a magnificent Gong, led by Rachael Edgley.
- When: Fridays, 4th December (online), 18th December, 5th February 2021, 26th February 2021, 19th March 2021, 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Best for: anyone wishing to destress and release tension and wanting to aid spiritual and personal growth
- Cost: £20 per person.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Online Training, with Retreat Day, with Dawn
- What: an 8-week mindfulness-based stress reduction online course and retreat day, led by Dawn Lister.
- When: 13th January-13th March 2021, Wednesdays, 7:30pm-9pm.
- Best for: anyone who wants to develop the skills needed to live your life fully and peaceably as life’s challenges arise.
- Cost: £200.00, or £150 for front line workers or those in financial difficulty. Offered in-studio or as a recording.
An Introduction to Sound Medicine with Maria Nayler
- What: an introduction to sound medicine and its benefits, with Maria Nayler.
- When: 22nd January 2021, 7:30pm-9:30pm.
- Best for: anyone who wants to learn about sound therapy.
- Cost: £45 per person.
Yoga for Sports People with Terri
- What: a 6-week course to restore and strengthen muscles and joints used in your regular fitness programme, led by Terri Walford.
- When: Saturdays, 23rd January – 27th February. Note: 23rd January session is 5pm-6pm. All subsequent sessions are 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- Best for: anyone looking to compliment their regular fitness programme with yoga.
- Cost: £60 for 6 weeks.
Beginner’s 4 Week Yoga Course with Daniel
- What: 4 week course covering the basics of yoga, including postures, breathing, meditation and yoga philosophy, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: Saturdays, 23rd January-13th February, 11am-12:15pm.
- Best for: anyone who wants to try yoga, anyone who has done yoga in the past and wants to refresh their practice.
- Cost: £65 per person.