Upcoming Events & Workshops
Please note that due to coronavirus, we are operating an alternative, online timetable via Zoom for the foreseeable future. You can view the timetable and book onto classes here. Online classes start from just £5 for NHS staff, emergency services workers, teachers and key workers. We are also offering free Yoga Nidra classes on a Friday night via Facebook Live – we hope to see you there!
Every Wednesday evening, we will be publishing a FREE online class for you to enjoy at home. A short 20-minute practise – perfect for those who may not have much time on their hands with either working from home, being key worker, kids to home school, the vulnerable to care for etc all taking priority. Every week a different Anahata teacher will offer their unique practise, be it yoga, Pilates or meditation for you to sample. In all, a nourishing mindful practice, the perfect mid-week boost to your mind and body.
This option is our gift to you, enjoy a class and to allow you to keep your body moving during these times, and once these short sessions are published you can refer back to them, at no cost, any time, whenever is convenient to you.
Keep a look out on our social media channels for the link every Wednesday, which will be available to view on both our YouTube and our IGTV channels.
Free Friday Night Hangout with Anahata
Every Friday night we will be live on our Facebook page at 7:30pm-8:30pm providing you with an opportunity for us to say hello, ask us questions which will be followed by a workshop, such as Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Deep Relaxation, Mindfulness Practises, Candlelit Flow, Gong Bath and much more. We are planning, creating, evolving our Anahata Live online offering everyday, so stay tuned on our social pages for updates. We have lots in the pipeline and can’t wait to share with you all.
Yoga Nidra with Daniel (online via Facebook Live on Fridays)
- What: Deeply restful, nurturing guided meditation session, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: 27th March, 24th April, 7:30pm-8:45pm.
- Best for: managing stress and lowering anxiety. Suitable for beginners.
- Cost: Facebook live is a free event!
LGBT+ Yoga Group with Daniel (online via Zoom until further notice)
- What: yoga class with emphasis on gentle breathing, followed by reflection and relaxed discussion, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: 5th April, 17th May, 11am-12:30pm.
- Best for: members of the LGBT+ community who would like to learn the basics of yoga and meditation in a safe environment.
- Cost: free entry. Donations to Southend Pride and Transpire welcome.
Accessible Yoga with Keira (cancelled until further notice)
- What: an accessible yoga class for those who currently don’t have access to yoga practice due to injury, illness or disability. Led by Keira May.
- When: Tuesdays from 25th February, 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Best for: anyone who currently doesn’t have access to yoga practices, especially communities that may feel excluded or undeserved, e.g. those with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, or invisible disabilities such as chronic illness, emotional challenge or PTSD
- Cost: free entry, donations to our community pot welcome.
Rest & Renew Yoga with Daniel
- What: restful, healing postures adapted from classical yoga posture, ending the session with Yoga Nidra, led by Daniel Groom.
- When: 26th April, 7th June, 3:00pm-4:45pm.
- Best for: those with chronic illness such as Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia, those with insomnia, stress, anxiety or those recovering from illness.
- Cost: £20 per person.
Well Woman Cafe with Chelsea Green
- What: an informal gathering for women to learn about their hormonal health and how best to support it, led by Chelsea Green.
- When: 1st May, 11th September, 7:30pm-9:00pm.
- Best for: all women who wish energy and good health, for this your hormones need to be in balance.
- Cost: £20 early bird offer (£25 from 1st April)
Monthly Goddess Circle
- What: a monthly gathering of women in a sacred space.
- When: Fridays: 8th May, 6th June, 10th July, 7th August, 4th September, 2nd October, 6th November, 7:30pm-9:30pm.
- Best for: women who want to connect with their community.
- Cost: suggested donation of £5-£10 for a local women’s charity.
Monthly Gong Bath
- What: an evening to relax, unwind and enjoy the deep and reverberating sounds of crystal singing bowls, planetary sound healing pipes and a magnificent Gong
- When: 15th May, 12th June, 3rd July, 18th September, 9th October, 13th November, 4th December, 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Best for: anyone wishing to destress and release tension and wanting to aid spiritual and personal growth
- Cost: £20 per person.
Mindfulness for Challenging Times with Dawn
- What: a workshop exploring mindfulness methods you can use in day to day life.
- When: 13th June, 12:30pm-2:30pm.
- Best for: anyone who wants better health, relationships, to sleep better, work more efficiently, find joy in simple moments.
- Cost: £20 early bird offer (£25 from 1st May).
An Introduction to Sound Medicine with Maria Nayler
- What: an introduction to sound medicine and its benefits, with Maria Nayler.
- When: 19th June, 7:30pm-9:30pm.
- Best for: anyone who wants to learn about sound therapy.
- Cost: £45 per person.